Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Golden Girl

My love came floating softly down the hill
My eyes were not responding to my will
She lowered her head, she was shy
I could not look away, even when I did try

So I reached out to her, she was standing there still
My heart was pounding in my chest, I felt a chill
Only five, ten feet away, I let out a sigh
I thought I would surely die

My wildest dream had come true, oh what a thrill
It was so real, I was in shock still
In this place, this moment, this girl, I cry
Face to face with a beautiful girl, I will not lie

Making me feel completely whole, not my will
I reached down to my inner soul, with joy it did fill
As I looked into her eyes, I was floating high
She was the piece that made me a man by and by

I reached out and touched her golden hair, it was like a pill
Nothing can help me now, I will pay the bill
I understand now why I waited for God's timing, I did cry
I don't know what I would do, if I had to say goodbye

I would try with all of my might to her dreams fulfill
God has given her to me for she fit the bill
Yet priceless is the freedom that she gave to me, as I cry
I reached out and took her hand, together we did fly

A beautiful golden haired girl, a trophy to place on the sill
Lord willing we will be together a much longer time still
Silently we sat there close together, she is no longer shy
God had promised He will be with us, showing us why

She has made me forget everything by the thrill
I look back on that day, as being a part of God's will
I could not take my eyes off the one I love
Praise Him, He brought me my golden haired girl

I know that I have Him to thank
And I love you, and I always will.

By Peter C. Salmond

No comments: