Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lord, Forgive Me When I Whine

My daughter wrote about being thankful for the freedom she has here in Canada, but also the freedom she has to make good choices that will help others and ourselves. As I read her blog, it reminded me of the above title. So below is the article that follows it. With personal thoughts of mine inserted.

Today, upon the bus I saw a lovely girl with golden hair, I envied her, she seemed so happy. When she rose to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle. She had one leg, and used a crutch. But as she passed, she smiled. Oh, my God, forgive me when I whine. I have two legs. The world is mine.

{Lord, I want to thank you, that I can still go for walks with my wife, and with my grandchildren romp and play. Oh yes, and I still can put in a full days work and get a full days pay. Yes, Lord with this author I must say, Please forgive me when I whine. For indeed the world is mine.}

I stopped to buy some candy. The lad who sold it had such charm. I talked with him. He seemed so glad. As I left, he said to me: "I thank you. You have been so kind. It's nice to talk with folk like you. You see," he said, "I'm blind." Oh, God, forgive me when I whine, I have two eyes. The world is mine.

{Lord, I want to thank you for my two good eyes. Your beauty to behold. The scenery that I have seen through out the years, has taken my breath away at times and those memories I have forever more. I have the privilege of seeing the smiles on children's faces as they play, oh to see that joy is really something to behold. Yes, Lord please forgive me when I whine. For I know that the world is mine.}

Later, while walking down the street, I saw a child with eyes of blue. He stood and watched the others play. I stopped a moment, then I said, "Why don't you join the others, Dear?" He looked ahead without a word, and then I knew he couldn't hear. Oh God, forgive me when I whine, I have two ears. The world is mine.

{Lord, I want to thank you for two good ears. For each day that I awake, I can hear the birds singing in the trees or hear the honking of the geese over head. To hear the wind in the trees and to hear the water lap upon the shore. To hear the children's laughter as the play with me, and hear them say, "Grandpa, will you come and play?" Lord, forgive me when I whine. The world is mine.}

With feet to take me where I want to go, with eyes to see the sunset glow, with ears to hear what I would know .... Oh, God, forgive me when I whine. I'm blessed indeed. The world is mine.

{With my feet to take me, my eyes to guide me, and my ears to listen with, I have much to be thankful for. Lord thank you for your many blessing, and forgive me when I whine. I am blessed indeed and the world is mine. All I have to do is step forward and receive it.}

All of the inserts are written by Peter C. Salmond

2 comments:

L Harris said...

that's great, Dad!

Ruby said...

Great thoughts Peter!
God bless you.
Ruby