Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Poem From A Daughter

In a Note to HER dad a daughter, lovingly said,

"Dad"
There are so many great memories of good time we had when I was growing up
Even though I'm grown and have a life of my own now, I still cherish the memories of the good times with you.
So much of how I live my life and of who I am today is a result of your influence.
You've always been one of the most important people in my life.... and you still are.
So, even though we may not spend as much time together as we once did, I want you to know that you're always with me, right here in my heart.... where you belong.
Written by Larry S. Chengges

Here is her Fathers Response

Dear Daughter
I too, have so many fond memories, of all the fun times we have had over the years, as you were growing up. But now you've done gone , and done it, grown up I mean. Making a life now of your own. But you can count on it, I will always remember those good times, I had with you. So much of who you are, has a lot to do with mom and me. As to how we lived our lives before you, and who we are today, will make a big impact on you in a very big way.

You will always be my favorite daughter, yes my one and only. You were that then, now and always. Don't you forget it! So even though your not sitting on my knee, as much as you once did, I want you to know that there will always be a place for you there, on my lap that is. But where my heart is concerned, you will always be there. Even though we are hundreds of miles apart. You will be there where you belong, very near your daddy's heart. P.S. I love you. Written by your Dad with love on March 26/98

No comments: