Sunday, November 1, 2009

From Mom's Notebook #2

Help Me As A Mother

- Lord help me to love and to support my children's father.
- Help me not only to hear the words of my child but also his feelings.
- Help me never compare my child with another.
- Help me to allow my child to express the reason for his actions.
- Help me in all that I do to be a good example to my child.
- Help me to guide him in his relationships and to be loving and excepting of his friends.
- Help me to be thankful for the way that you have designed my child.
- Help me to strengthen my child's self image through praise.
- Help me to take pride in meeting my child's physical needs.
- Help me to guide my child in resolving the conflicts he will face in youth.
- Help me to be consistent and fair in my discipline.
- Help me to allow my child the freedom to be what you want him to be.
- Help me in my business to hear my child's needs.
- Help me to be supportive of my child's interests and activities.
- Help me never to expect more of my child then his abilities will allow.
- Help me each day to remember my child in prayer.
- Help me to instruct my child in your ways and to encourage him to see you as a loving Heavenly Father.
AMEN

2 comments:

Peter C. Salmond said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peter C. Salmond said...

I just wanted to say that this writing should apply to both mothers and fathers.