Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Friend

What an honor to be called friend
What a name to live up to
To gain a friend you first
Must be a friend

A friend will listen
When my heart is breaking
And will never blame me
For having a problem

A friend will stand up for me
When an enemy attacks
Taking the brunt of the blast
Shielding me when I am weak

A friend will rejoice with me
When I succeed at a hard task
But will also cry with me when I have failed
Then lending a shoulder to cry on

A friend is not afraid to give
To me wise counsel as needed
To keep me from making
A fool of myself

A friend will risk making me angry
If the need arises
In order to make things right
A friend is a friend at all times

The good, the bad, and the ugly times
A friend will be there through them all

By Peter C. Salmond

1 comment:

L Harris said...

Good friends are such a treasure!