Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jan. 5/10 Poems

Done For The Sake Of The Gospel
Jan. 5/10
My son, be strong in the grace and strength of Christ Jesus.
Believe me, hardships will come and they will be tough.
Stand with us as good soldiers of the cross,
Stand firm in your faith.

You may suffer for your faith,
Even to the point of being thrown in prison,
But even there God will be,
He has promised to never leave you.

God's word cannot be imprisoned,
So endure everything that is thrown at you.
For the sake of the people you serve,
That they to may come to Christ.
Pray.
Lord, please give me strength to serve,
In humbleness of spirit, all around me.
Nothing more, but that I fill a small place,
And that you my Lord be glorified.

Glorify the name of the Lord knowing that,
Nothing is too small when done for the sake of the gospel.
(2 Tim. 2:1-10)

Peter C. Salmond

No comments: