Sunday, February 20, 2011

from The Heart

(Ps. 50:9-10)

“I will not take a bull from your house, nor goats out of your folds. For every beast of the forest is Mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills”. What He wanted was their praise and obedience (v.23).

From The Heart

May my worship to my Lord

Be with praise that comes from the heart,

From a heart surrendered to following Him

His ways are true and good, I offer Him praise

May my praise be a worthy offering to You Lord

May it overflow from a heart that is whole

An offering of unconditional love may raise

From deep down within my heart I praise

For Your blessings from above, are mine

You own the cattle on a thousand hills

All that is yours is mine, my heart you see

For you want my praise, and the best for me

At the heart of my worship and praise

Is worship that comes from my heart

For I know the world moves at Your command

For you own every country and land

You want all of me, in every way

Not only my worship, but my everything

All that I am I give to you, my Lord

To be away from you forever I cannot afford.

The heart of worship comes from the heart of hearts

It comes from deep, deep down with in the soul

As I come to Him in all I do

May all and everything I do be only for YOU

My LORD

By Peter C. Salmond

So often when we go to church, we go expecting to be blessed, (entertained as we sit in the pew). When our main reason for going to church should be to bring thanksgiving and praise to the ONE that gave us His all . Because of us worshiping and praising Him we will be blessed and we will be strengthened by fellow believers. Because God blesses those that are obedient to Him.

But the reason we come is to worship Him. We should leave the church asking ourselves not “What did I get out of it?” but rather “Was God pleased with what happened?” Was He please with my worship? What was my attitude towards God and others while sitting in church? Was I there to please God, or to gain the respect and praise from others?

The Bible encourages us, not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is, but exhorting one another, and so much the more, as you see the Day approaching. This does not mean just on Sunday morning. This means not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together. We need each other all the time. There is strength in numbers.

Every day is a spiritual war out there in the world, we are to be separate from the world and yet we are to be part of the world. The Lord says, "Get away from unbelievers. Separate yourselves from them. Have nothing to do with anything unclean. Then I will welcome you." (2 Cor. 6:17) We need to be in the world, but not doing worldly things. Others need to see that Jesus has made us different in every way and in everything we do.

When you get up in the morning are you prepared for war? Eph. 6: 12 say, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." So I ask again, Are you ready for war?

Verse 13 continues , Therefore- and goes on to say prepare for war, put on the armor of God and go ye into all the world and preach the gospel. Turn to Eph. 6 and read it all from verses 10-20 and see for yourself. If we are not standing with God in this war then we are standing against Him, and we are then fighting a loosing battle, because He has already won the battle over sin and the devil all we have to do is follow Him, he will protect us and He promises us eternal life. When we come to the end of the race of life and we have followed Him and His word, we will cross the finish line and we will win.

All praise and honor and worship will be His forever and ever Amen.

No comments: