Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Giving Thanks In All Things

Gracias - Thank You

Oh give thanks for what the Lord had done
“His deeds among the peoples” are great(v.8),
“His wondrous works” are to wonderful for me(v.9)
“His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth”(v.12)
They meet my every need through the works of His hands

"His “salvation” is more than I can fathom(v.35)
I will sing unto the Lord a new song giving Him praise
For who the Lord is: He is good, merciful, and holy (v.34-35)
Like David, we should never grow tired of saying gracias to God
Saying thank you for who He is and for all He’s done for us.

Take time today to offer your sacrifice of praise to Him.
Praise, from deep within my soul, to the King of heaven,
To His throne I bring a tribute of praise and glory
For He has ransomed my soul and healed my sicknesses
He has restored my life to be at peace with Him my Creator

My sins are forgiven, all washed away forever more
For evermore His praises I will sing, for He is my God
A great and glorious God is He, I love Him
For all that He is and for all that He has done
For He is the Lord God almighty.

The heart filled with praise brings pleasure to God.

My thoughts a meditation on 1 Chron. 16: 8-36

No comments: