Friday, March 18, 2011

Victorious Over Anger

Victory In The Making

My wrath tends to be all pay back
God’s wrath is righteous anger
Softened by His grace and mercy.
His wrath can be His relentless love

It brings evil men to repentance and faith.
We must not take things into our own hands
‘Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,’ says the Lord . . . .
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good”

(Rom. 12:19,21).

This must come from the heart,
From the place where our lives flow.
We need to get rid of our anger
And wait patiently for the Lord.

Lord, help me not to get even
When someone does me wrong
Instead, give me strength and faith
To love others and do what’s good and right

When my revenge is restrained
The battle is over and I have won
Then I have a victory gained
And I may have gained a new friend

No comments: