Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Moving Forward and Upward

As we move towards putting our home on the market asking God for His blessing and favor on having it sold before the biggest move of our lives. I have many different emotions moving through me, and yet I know everything I have is His, for it is because of Him that we have been blessed.

We do not know for sure what lies ahead of us, but we are willing to take one step at a time as He lights our path. I now have 3-4 months before I go back to school, who would have thought it, me going back to school at 55 years old. Maybe, just maybe you can still teach an old dog new tricks. At least I know that God can and He will.

As I was sorting things yesterday God just kept saying in a still small voice, "they are just things. And all you really need is Me, lean on me and follow me." I was comforted and looked forward in faith that He knows what is ahead.

God does not lay a burden on a heart for no reason at all, and as Diane and I think about Rwanda our hearts go back to the people we met and began to love when we were there in May of 2010. It was there, while ministering with my fellow Rwandian brothers in the Lord and with the church we partnered with, and as we saw the Lord build His church in the villages we walked in sharing the gospel with the people,that God was planting in my heart a burden. A burden that all new believers need to be discipled. And that our own Canadian Churches need to start being the example and leading the way in this.

As we leave for Rwanda in a few months, I want to leave this burden at the feet of our pastors here in Prince Albert, and in North America. That they would start giving that gift to the young believers in their congregations and to the new baby Christians being born into their churches.

I am calling it - Intentional Discipleship - It means having a plan and then acting upon it. Giving the people with in our congregations the opportunity to practice, acting on their Christianity and being the desciplers of the young Christians in the church. Come up with a plan and make it work.

1 comment:

L Harris said...

Our church is moving in a similar direction - intentional and discipleship! I love it; I'm so excited to see where God leads our congregation.